Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 873 Lower Tilt Cylinder Bushing Replacement

BC873G ยท 2019-06-27 07:41

I am considering replacing the lower tilt cylinder bushing on my 873. Can they be replaced without completely removing the tilt cylinder? If so, any recommendations on the best method to remove the old bushings with the cylinder still attached at the upper pivot?

Replies4
  1. #1phil3142019-06-27 07:53

    I did it on my 1845c. I just disconnected the lower end of the tilt. Spin the rod end 90 degrees so it's flat against the loader arm. Then put a big socket or something between the eye and arm, so the bushing has some place to go out. Then tap out the bushing with another socket and hammer.

  2. #2Bswwood2019-06-27 16:42

    What phil314 said, however if it hammers out you will be lucky, I use a torch and just cut a line in the bushing straight across and then tap tap tap.

  3. #3BC873G2019-06-28 15:13

    I went with the cutting torch and had them out in about 20 minutes. Welded the old bushing to the old pin and used it to drive in the new bushing. Worked very well. Thanks for the replies.

  4. #4Bullseye Beaver F.2019-07-07 18:37

    Yes, you can replace bushing without removing the cylinder. Take bucket or whatever you have hooked up off. Then set on block of wood or whatever fits it, and drive old bushings out and put new ones in. It is better to use a driving set to remove and install bushing but a socket will work, but it is not the best thing to do. Have to fit it just right.