Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 883 hydraulic pump drive gear very stiff after seal kit and reassembly

CheebieWonder ยท 2024-08-09 18:49

Hi all, My Bobcat 883 had very low hydraulic pump pressure and I troubleshot the issue back to the hydraulic pump. I purchased seal kit 6688325 and reassembled. Since this is the first time replacing seals in a hydraulic pump I would like to know: is it normal for the drive gear to be very stiff/impossible to turn by hand once the casing bolts are torqued? The "load seal" is very proud on the backing o-ring so I'm guessing some resistance is expected? Does the load seal keep pressure on the wear plates/gears? I have attached the parts diagram for my standard flow pump Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Replies1
  1. #1CheebieWonder2024-08-14 07:45

    Ended up leaving the casing bolts just snug and bumping the engine. Tightened, bumped, repeat until tight. Seems to be working fine.