Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat A300

River Hill ยท 2005-01-26 08:18

Does anyone have any feeback on the A300? I have not actually talked with anyone who has acutally used the AWS mode and reliability.

Replies12
  1. #1ahrdscape2005-02-16 19:54

    I know one thing about them: EXPENSIVE!

  2. #2Tigerotor77W2005-02-17 13:43

    Take a look at the Bobcat Worksaver magazine ( www.bobcat.com ). There are quite a few issues about the A300. I'll try to post a bit more when I get some time. (Others don't hesitate to post in between... don't feel timid!)

  3. #3timm92005-07-03 15:04

    Hi, I'm new to the site. We do mostly snow removal and not much dirt work. I origionally went to purchase the A300 with the AWS but decided to purchase the Toolcat 5600 instead. The visibility is superior and the AWS is excellent for tight spots. I have since sold my CAT910 and purchased a second Toolcat. I think the A300 is an excellent machine but for my particular application, the Toolcat(s) are much better.

  4. #42004F5502005-07-03 16:05

    Its a great machine, especially if you work in finished yards etc. Easy to run too.

  5. #5Tigerotor77W2005-07-06 03:35

    From what I understand, there haven't been serious issues with the machines. One recycling plant mentioned in the Worksaver magazine claimed to have run an A220 ("predecessor" in some ways to the A300) for 5,000 hours without a major malfunction, all the while without using perfect maintenance. The goal was to see if the axles would hold up. On the other hand, this is a Bobcat article and I don't know how much of the "little errors) they may have left out. At any rate, I think the A300 is one of the best machines out there for finished surfaces (as 2004F550 mentioned). I think the machine is still too expensive to justify as a skid steer (eg, why buy A300 when you could have an S300 for thousands less), but as a complement, used in the same way as a CTL is a complement, the A300 could be a bigger money maker for some. I guess we'll see how well it goes in a few years... if Bobcat ditches the concept, it didn't perform.

  6. #6Craftybigdog2006-01-30 22:13

    I have a A300 and I love it, they rarely have any problems with the steering. Man is it a moose to.

  7. #7544D102006-07-07 20:17

    I saw a new A300 today on my jobsite. It seems to me that the tires would last alot longer with steerable axles or can you still lock up the inside during a turn? Either way it was a strange sight seeing the front tires turning left/right.

  8. #8Tigerotor77W2006-07-07 21:27

    544D10: the A300 and its predecessor, the A220, have axles that can be locked either in the straight position (for traditional skid steering) or that can be steered independently. The inside wheels turn at a different angle than the outside to minimize scuffing, and consequently, as you pointed out, increase tire life.

  9. #9Craftybigdog2006-07-08 20:16

    Yeah the back tires turn also!

  10. #10capt_met2006-07-17 21:19

    i have been operating a B300. it also has the 4 wheel steering. as far as tire wear i have 700 hours and it looks like it could be 1500 to 2000 before i will need new tires. at 700hrs. they are i guess 75%. i have had no issues with the steering and would highly recomend taking one for a demo. for the toolcat guys, do you use yours commercially and if so what knd of work or attachments are you using?

  11. #11MacGyver2010-04-19 10:56

    Hi Thanks for all the info guys. I'm looking at buying a used A300 with roughly 3500 hrs. Is there anything in particular I should watch for? thanks.

  12. #12emilbanks2010-04-19 18:33

    I own an A300 it's a great machine as stated in all wheel turning you can drive or turn over a finished lawn and no damage if your into very tight spots throw the switch and go into skid steer mode. Tell you the truth I only use the skid steer mode for loading and unloading onto a trailer most everything else I use the all steer mode Works great and no issues but I only have 250 hours on it, Emil