Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat and the Doosan Engines

Bill Smith ยท 2016-02-02 19:46

I have been reading about some angry Bobcat owners and the Doosan Tier 4 engines in cold weather . Does it seem to be only in cold weather that these engines are a problem . It also sounds like the fuel filter is so tough for thicker fuel to flow . How does this engine preform in the warmer climate .

Replies2
  1. #1durallymax2016-02-03 08:41

    The main issues with them have been all cold weather related.

  2. #2warbird2016-02-03 10:50

    I had no problems in warmer weather with mine but I read a post somewhere about the fueling system going out around 2500 hours and they thought it was from lak-of rail pressure and injectors where 800.00 each without labor. my s650 run good all summer, when winter hit two bobcat dealers couldn't keep fuel filters in stock and my last two filters had to be overnighted and cost me 178.00 for 2 filters. [mild winter in mo.] I think I'm on my 5th filter this winter. I called cat dealer and hopefully fixed my problem.[ 262d] still waiting on it. I have to use a skid steer 7days a week not just summer time. my last bobcat had Kubota and had no problems for 5 years