Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat bucket positioning

Farlsincharge ยท 2015-10-04 01:17

I have an s175 with a bucket positioning button, but it does nothing. Is it an option that I don`t have but the button comes with regardless? Also when I hold the button I get a shutdown code. What is this exactly? Thanks guys.

Replies5
  1. #1crewchief8882015-10-04 08:32

    assuming you have a g series machine (triangular shaped headlights) LH panels are the same for all G series machines bucket positioning was an option. does the switch light up when you press it? whats the code you are getting? :drinkup

  2. #2Farlsincharge2015-10-04 12:20

    29 I think

  3. #3crewchief8882015-10-04 16:23

    bobcat fault codes are 4 digit numbers. what you may be seeing is a software version... :drinkup

  4. #4Farlsincharge2015-10-04 16:58

    Why is it called a shutddown code? Forgive me, but start at the beginning. Why is there a code when you hold down the bucket positioning button? Is it a fault code reader thing?

  5. #5crewchief8882015-10-04 17:30

    active fault codes are read by holding the light button down for approx 5 seconds, if there are no active faults the display will read "none". on early g series machines, it was quite often necessary to check software versions when starting diagnostics. back then, laptops/remote start boxes werent as "available" to dealer mechanics as they are today, and accessing software versions made for some (sometimes) simple diagnostics. version 29 software is probably 9-10 years old, we're on v 81.9 (or so) now. :drinkup