Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat e26

shadow2 ยท 2014-05-19 21:14

we are considering trading in the s850 witch would only work for 20 hr at a time before haven to have major repair work done. bobcat is given us a deal or should i stay far away from them. 4 of are past bobcat execrator last 1200hr before catastrophic failure, we have 3 cats with 3-4000hr on the no major problem.

Replies10
  1. #1Carl Peter2014-05-20 18:15

    I think you answered your own question... If you had four bobcats with that many problems why would you buy another ???

  2. #2shadow22014-05-20 18:30

    there give us 30000$ toward the new machine and a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. i just want to know if it was worth the time to try again or buy a cat

  3. #3Carl Peter2014-05-20 18:36

    You are probably asking the wrong guy I always buy Cat I have 15 pieces of cat equipment my latest is a 305.5 D mini which I love and have not had any problems what so ever 500Hrs..I feel Cat is very competitive on the small equipment. I priced the 305.5 against an E50 Bobcat and Cat was cheaper, but I have a very good relationship with my Cat dealer none with Bobcat.

  4. #4shadow22014-05-20 18:45

    we just got three new cats 304,299, 908 the best machines i have run it just the money bobcat will to fork over seems nice

  5. #5joispoi2014-05-21 14:48

    $30,000 towards a new E26? How much is there left on the price tag to pay out of pocket?

  6. #6pafarmer2014-05-22 16:14

    Buy the CAT and don't look back....we added a 303.5 to our fleet recently. Great mini...and on par price wise with the rest .

  7. #7shadow22014-05-27 21:22

    were looking at the cat 301.7D CR

  8. #8pafarmer2014-05-27 21:54

    News Flash.....Just letting you know that 30k is already over the cost on a E26....I thinking of calling BS here.

  9. #9shadow22014-05-27 21:57

    bobcat was charging 54000$ was the quote that i just got from them today when i compared it to the cat that was the same size the price was 16000$ cheaper bobcat tried to burry the coast of the s850 that they were suppose to take back into the cost of the new machine all bobcat is doing is lying to me I'm staying with cat and never will buy a bobcat again a 302.7 cr cost is 38000$ that is the same size as the e26

  10. #10pafarmer2014-05-28 18:45

    Your number are so far inflated I'm not sure how to respond but here goes....you should be able to buy a brand new CAT 303.5 for 38k and bobcat E50 for 53k.....your numbers aren't real or close to what you should be paying. I just gave you rel numbers to work with ....