I bought an AGROTK AGT-EXFLM115 Flail Mower for a Bobcat E32. I will imagine the 2 of the 3 hydraulic lines on the flail mower attach where the thumb hydraulic lines go. Does the Bobcat need a case drain hydraulic line for the 3rd hydraulic line on the flail mower. Flail mower flow is 10-16 GPM and Aux pressure 2900 psi. The E32 hydraulic flow is 16.9 GPM and Aux pressure at 2987 psi. I can't find anything on the web explaining this. Also, is there place I can get ears to weld on the blank steel plate so I can mount this flail mower? I do not have the quick attach system.
If the flail mower has a port for a case drain then I would say the answer is yes. Found this on YouTube. The exact same mower and in part of the video he discusses just how much oil comes back through the case drain.
For peace of mind I would install a casedrain. The video doesn't really show the full story of what goes on. Casedrain maximum flow happens when the hydraulic motor is stalled and having it blanked off causes the seal to blow or cracks the motor casting. Either of these 2 events would be more expensive to fix than fitting a casedrain line now. PS, if the hydraulic motor has an internal problem later in life most of the debris goes into the casedrain and in doing so minimises damage to the rest of your machine. Cheap insurance.
Yea, a case drain is absolutely necessary. I called my local Kubota dealer and they sent me pictures and a T with a hose coming off of it and showed me exactly where to install it. I recommend finding out if it is possible to go that route, rather than drilling and tapping the hydraulic reservoir, like the man in the video above did.
I made a video on installing it awhile back when I did mine because I was also a little lost with it too when the video above was all I could find on the subject. I’ll try and edit, upload to YouTube and attach it to this post. Cheers and hope you figured it out okay.