Hi I'm working on my friends Bobcat E42 mini excavator. It was a Sunbelt machine. It has the basic dash without the display. It had an aftermarket RH joystick with two buttons that ran the auxiliary hydraulics for the thumb and a bush hog he runs frequently. He bought a new OEM joystick. I wired it up to the factory plug and removed the added aftermarket wires, reconnecting the factory wires at the valve bank. When I try to use the new joystick slider switch I get no aux functions. I downloaded a service manual and it shows the wires going to a J5 connector. Which has Can bus connections also. Is that a module? Does this thing need to be turned on somehow and that's why someone just wired up an aftermarket setup to the valves?
If possible could you upload your diagram and the serial number of the machine?. I looked at an E35 diagram and the R/H joystick has the following proportional switch that has an 8 volt supply from controller connector J3 (wire 4360), proportional switch ground (wire 4350), detent switch power input (wire 1770), detent signal to controller module connector J5 (wire4920), proportional signal out (wire 4320) to a controller module connector J5. Main gateway and aux controllers are mounted on the cab firewall next to the wiper washer bottle on the E35. Bobcat harness wires are usually numbered instead of being color coded Kind regards