Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat e42 x change

Sammycat · 2025-03-11 13:31

Hi, I have a 2015 bobcat E 42 that is leaking hydraulic fluid out the of the exchange bushing when I inspected it and watched a few videos. It looks like I need a special socket to get the bushing out. Does anybody know where I can get one?I’m also going to buy the seals and o rings off of bobcats website. Am I better off just spending more money and buying the bushing and piston as well? Thank you Sam

Replies1
  1. #1hotrodwon112025-03-12 18:02

    I know you can purchase the special socket from a bobcat dealer. I have removed them before and the biggest problem is the gland backs out against the snap ring and snap ring is hard to get out. I would recommend new glands and pistons as well. I have put red lock tight on the threads of the glands to keep them from backing out.