Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat E55 fan (alternator) belt replacement

rdavison39 ยท 2023-06-14 19:29

Hi there - I have a 2013 E55 excavator and the fan belt snapped. Does anyone have any experience installing a new belt. It looking like i will have to remove the fan and then pry it on (i think its a stretch belt as I don't see a tensioner anywhere) Any tips welcome Thx Ron

Replies3
  1. #1rdavison392023-06-20 17:04

    Okay - so no tips. I'm did manage to replace the fan belt - it wasn't as bad as I thought. A small crowbar to crank the engine and I found that instead of using a screw driver to pry or feed the belt back on I just used my hand with some mechanics gloves on - it just kept slipping off the screw driver. So I've been running the machine for about 20 hours just fine and now the belt broke again. I thought the first belt broke just because of age or wear and tear but now I'm thinking its something else. I'm going to post another thread asking why a new belt would rip up.

  2. #2crewchief8882023-06-20 17:09

    alt or water pump might have locked up and broke the belt, could be an alignment issue with the belt

  3. #3rdavison392023-06-20 22:53

    okay - thanks crew chief - Alt looks fine but can't really see the wheel for the water pump. Looks like I may have to disassemble some pieces to get at it