Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat E55 Thumb and Curl

MMSProp · 2024-10-05 23:04

I have a new to me E55 bobcat X with almost 4K in hours. Ive been making some small repairs to it and now I’ve started to use it around my property etc. In doing so I have noticed that the thumb and curl motion only work together to a certain point before the curl will no longer over power the thumb. I have read on this forum about the “relief valve” and how it works. This has also been my experience with other machines, the thumb moving with the bucket in the full range of thumbs motion. Again, with this machine it only works to a certain point. Is this normal for Bobcat machines? If it’s not normal ( and I am assuming it’s not) I am thinking that maybe the issue is with the curl cylinder having an internal leak? The picture above shows the point at which it won’t overpower the thumb. Any advice is welcome. I do not currently have a gauges, but I might look into getting one if necessary. Thank you.

Replies0

No replies yet.