Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat Engine Removal

CDNDIESELMONKEY ยท 2014-01-01 21:50

I have been plagued with the task of changing fuel tanks on several bobcats including a S250 since the tanks are leaking. On bobcats such as a s250 is it easier to pull the engine with the pumps of is there a way to leave the pumps inside the machine and just pull the engine. :Banghead Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1ANDREW C2014-01-01 23:22

    Its easier to pull the pumps and engine all in one go. This forum talks about the tool used to do it. I had a big c bracket I used on the overhead crane and wrapped a short chain over it to the engine lifting brackets and had a bolt so it didn't slip off.

  2. #2CDNDIESELMONKEY2014-01-02 21:04

    that tool sounds like a great idea. I have been using a forklift with it slung on one chain and my lacking muscles to slide it into place lol

  3. #3ANDREW C2014-01-03 00:34

    I have a drawing for one to give you an idea how to build one but you may have to change the dimensions to fit the bobcat

  4. #4CDNDIESELMONKEY2014-01-04 21:08

    that would be much appreciated!