Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat excavators

shadow ยท 2011-05-11 22:23

we have had one bobcat mini execrator fall in two pieces replace by bobcat with a new machine. The new one had the swing gear break so you could push the machine around in circles by hand had it fixed now it broke again i was wondering if there is some kind of design flaw with the bobcat execrator that could be cause this to happen we have two cat execrators and its never happened to them.

Replies28
  1. #1nickbowers2011-05-12 00:46

    what model and year machines? We have one at the moment and its fine. Are you rough on them?

  2. #2Allgood2011-05-15 12:30

    I will just say that after owning 3 Bobcat mini-excavators, I'll positively never own another. I was told the last, a 430, would be perfect for me. Perfect for down time was all! I'll stop here since some guys get really upset. Personally, I'm really upset with Bobat. I was ready to buy more equipment from them but didn't. So far, 2 years later, I'm thrilled I moved away from them. Good luck!!

  3. #3shadow2011-05-15 13:29

    who makes a good min excervator

  4. #4lectro882011-05-15 15:00

    I was able to get a little seat time in a bobcat 335 recently, And found it desireable, great power, good cycle time, and smooth. If I wanted another mini, have to say it would be in the running. Still want to own a catilac one day though

  5. #5trenchman2011-05-15 15:32

    I own a Deere and love it, It has about 700 hours on it and runs great and is nice and tight. I recently ran a Kubota with 800 hours and that one was so loose it was hard to keep a grade, and did not have very good drive power either.

  6. #6heavylift2011-05-15 15:40

    I liked the 35 deere the best, but they all are about the same. as far as digging a hole, then that depends on what the owner buys also.

  7. #7hougie2011-05-15 15:47

    What brand did you move to allgood?

  8. #8Allgood2011-05-15 20:16

    Takeuchi and Case

  9. #9bpogue2011-05-15 20:19

    I tried several brands out before I bought my Takeuchi. They are very well made and easy to use. Like anything else though, you need to look at what is locally available. Even the best machine will need some parts, even if just for routine maintenance.

  10. #10lectro882011-05-15 21:19

    I want to ask my fellow Tak owners, when you go in to get parts do the counter guys take 20 min to figure out every order, like they have to translate manual to english. Its nothing to spend 1 hr or more to get strainers, filters. And more than 1nce. A ordered part has come in wrong even after taking long time to look up. :Banghead

  11. #11Carl Peter2011-05-15 21:57

    The new Bobcat e50 is getting great reviews

  12. #12KSSS2011-05-16 23:16

    I dont wait an hour but I do wait.

  13. #13Forklift1232011-06-07 17:20

    Volvo makes mini excavators , they have models from 6-10000 lbs. They also have a digging depth of 12' give or take. I would look into reviews on any model before I went ahead and purchased it though. http://www.myuniverse.us/construction/specs-mini-excavator-volvo.asp is where I found the specs. Hope this helps.

  14. #14KSSS2011-06-08 00:52

    The issue with the larger Volvo mini ex is the side mounted engine. You cant balance the machine like that.

  15. #15xcmark2011-06-09 18:09

    Ihi makes good mini , Tak Makes a good mini , it really comes down to what dealer in your area has the best support first and then of the dealers in the area what machine do you like.

  16. #16Ryanrb252011-06-10 09:18

    we have 6 bobcat excavators. 2 323's and 4 435 ZHS's. They have all had their little teething problems...little things here and there....nothing really major or out of the ordinary. Having said this....they work very hard. They go above and beyond their limits most days of the week. They are moved from site to site on a very regular basis with different operators. They Rock break, drill and bulk excavate. Most of the trival repairs have been on the newer ones. The most serious of repairs have been Dipper arm cylinder piston bolts come loose. All the 435's have developed a slight vibration when the slew brake engages. (nothing to write home about) Hours range from: 435's : 3600, 1800, 2000 and 1100. 323's : 1000 and 580 Previous 323 had 2000 and in my opinion was still in top order. The only downfall i've found is what we call the 'american' style hitch with the two hooks and the little pins that come out either side to lock it in. I'm not sure how popular they are. Luckily only one of our machines has it.

  17. #17skbexcavating2011-07-13 15:31

    lectro88, I down loaded the parts manual with all of the Tak part numbers and photos. I look up all of my own parts before I go in to order anything. I also print out a copy of that page with the numbers and photo just to make sure nothing gets messed up. Or at least it is my fault if it does! ha ha. Let me know if you want the links for the parts manual. I keep trying to find a free or less expense down load for the service manual, but so far they want $80 or more. Peace Jeff

  18. #18MacGyver2011-07-15 09:18

    Hi Guys I'm looking at buying a 2002 Bobcat 442 Excavator... any good or bad reviews out there? What do I need to watch for? Thanks MacGyver

  19. #19Handydan592011-07-15 15:42

    I have a 2003 Bobcat 334**D , serial 232613157 and all the bolts have broken that hold the cab onto the track. I have a manual for the excavator and have taken the floor plates off and cleaned the swing gear motor in preparation of taking the cab off and removing the broken bolts. Is this the only way to remove the bolts? Has anyone had the same experience? I don't want it to fall a part like the "shadow's" I can't take it back the the dealer - bought it off of Craigslist. It's been a really good machine until this last logging job. Thanks, Handydan59

  20. #20Onedakine2011-07-23 05:50

    Love my 322. I have had it for 5 years now with zero trouble.

  21. #21usco2011-07-25 17:13

    we have 2 334s and kobelco 35 45 55 .the bobcats are stronger and mantance thay are much more acessable

  22. #22Colorado Digger2011-07-25 22:10

    watch out for the 442's. some guys love em i hated mine. there is a thread on them somewhere.

  23. #23yanmarman2011-07-30 20:42

    buy a yanmar,very easy to get parts for an most brands have yanmar engines love mine VIO 30-1

  24. #24xrlentau62011-08-23 06:44

    Yanmar, Basic, small cab but carnt fault the performance. Company I used to work for had a 5t and 10t, when I finished there the 5t had just over 4000 hrs, and would be fiar to say wasnt always looked after and they had some problem with the boom and that was all. Little but loose but that what happens to any machine that not greased regularly.

  25. #25tbuell61horses2011-08-26 19:59

    anybody know if there is a brake somewhere on the bobcat mini? i was just trying to familiarize myself w/the controls and now the right track wont move and the boom wont move left to right. Did i hit something

  26. #26xcmark2011-08-27 17:29

    I know your a new member and you cant put a new post up untill you get a few post under your belt. I really cant be much help other then start by looking at where those valves get there hydrolic feed from , it could be that is off the last pump and the coupler has a problem or there is a pump issue. poss a valve issue. Best of luck !

  27. #27JBGASH2011-08-28 15:50

    We have komatsu and have very little problems. Have3 to 4000 he's and stop good

  28. #28DGODGR2011-08-28 23:04

    Try checking out the pattern changer, if equipped. If it is in between settings it can cause some of the issues you describe.