Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat glow plugs

Forbidden1 · 2021-12-13 21:39

I bought my 1999 bobcat mini excavator from a dealer a few years ago and had them deliver it to my property.The salesman who delivered it gave me a quick run through of the controls and I asked him about starting it with the glow plugs.He told me that it didn’t have glow plugs which I thought was strange especially seeing how there was an indicator light for them.That being said the light has never come on.It has always been hard to start when cold but it does start.Well after searching around and reading on here last night I tried turning the key to the left this morning and waiting for 10 seconds.The machine started great!So I guess he was wrong and I learned something new today.To bad it took two years for me to figure it out.ha ha.Oh and the indicator light still didn’t work.I guess I will check the bulb soon.

Replies2
  1. #1kshansen2021-12-14 07:30

    I would strongly suggest if the machine did not come with an operators manual that you get one as soon as possible! No way to know what you don't know about that machine. Once you have it I would suggest reading it from cover to cover at least twice. Once while sitting in chair in the house and then again while out with machine. Might look around on the machine for a box say on the roof of cab or ROPS if it has one most machines have them from the factory, more than once I've had people say they didn't have one only to learn they never looked in that box in the cab!

  2. #2cdm1232022-01-06 16:59

    Sometimes on the back of the seat.