I have a Bobcat 863. I would like to know if there is another brand/manufacture of the Hydrostatic oil required for this machine availabe or am I stuck with the Bobcat brand. The local Bobcat dealer has their brand but it seems quite pricey. Thanks, Cliff
I am not 100% certain so I did not respond in your other thread. But I had worked on a newer machine and was trying to get oil spec from Bobcat and they said they could not tell me other than the Bobcat fluid. I had a buddy on FB that worked for the same dealer and asked him about it. I told him I had put AW32 in it and he said it was fine.
Cliff, any good 30WT hyd oil will work in a Bobcat. Make sure it's a 30 weight, Bobcats don't like a thiner or thicker weight oil. I run a local oil distributors 30WT in my two Bobcats. The oil just needs to meet the specs Bobcat published.
If you go to a good oil distributor, not a parts store or big box store, they will be able to look it up for you and find out which of their oils meet the specs, if you have any doubt about the advice given so far.
i down loaded a service manual off the internet for my 753 and they said if bobcat hyd oil was not available to use 10w30 or 10w40 motor oil i don't know if your machine is the same or not.
bobcat no longer recommends the use of engine oil in hyd/hydrostatic systems. :drinkup
I work for a big rental company and we use AW-46 in all for our equipment. If anything we have needs hyd fluid, it gets AW-46.