Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat ind. fork grapple

barnbuilder ยท 2017-06-25 21:22

Anybody own one or used one? I have a lot of brush and trees piled up from a clearing job that the customer wants me to move to rear of property to burn. Trying to decide on that on that or brush grapple or bucket grapple. Seems the fork grapple would be a little more versatile and easier to pull piles apart. Thoughts?

Replies11
  1. #1DIYDAVE2017-06-29 06:31

    I bought my piranha grapple bucket out of Denton, NC. It was the 3rd bucket that I bought for my ASV RC30. I think I paid about $1,000 (with shipping to MD). One of the best most used attachments, that I have. It really is versatile, digs out roots well, too. Flat bottom buckets grab up too much dirt...

  2. #2BigGreen742017-08-06 19:51

    I have an 80" root grapple for a bobcat like this one: http://www.skidsteerattachmentdepot.com/product/84-hd-dual-cylinder-root-grapple/ I've moved some brush and small trees around with it to add to the future burn pile. Can easily grab the pile and leave all the dirt and any rocks behind.

  3. #3Bumpsteer2017-08-06 22:52

    Probably in the minority, but I prefer the bucket type of grapple. I've used both, seems like with the bar type there is always a branch that wants to poke into the cab and taste ones coffee.....or scratch up the cab door. Ed

  4. #4barnbuilder2017-08-07 07:42

    The Bobcat root grapple had a solid back which would prevent limbs from going through. But I think they want $4200 for their 82"

  5. #5CM19952017-08-07 07:46

    I've got both the tine and bucket style Bobcat grapple. The tine type does good cleaning up brush and the bucket type is good cleaning up demo debris. On edit - Somebody makes a rake grapple with replaceable teeth on the end of the tines, I like that design. The tines on my tine grapple are wore on the leading point. The tines are replaceable but I'm scared to ask Bobcat what the price is.

  6. #6contractor0782017-08-14 07:40

    i also have both the bucket style with the flat bottom and the root rake style of grapple. The open bottom style is great for moving brush and debris when you are trying to shake out all the dirt and not take that with you. I bought mine used from CAT out of there rental fleet for like 3k. They have some killer deals going on now. If you buy any CAT brand attachment you can get if for 0% for 24 months. Not a bad deal if you ask me. I have bought lots of attachments from my dealer thought that way and its great.

  7. #7barnbuilder2017-08-14 07:57

    Bought a Bobcat root grapple last week. Found a used Favre in Columbia but he wanted $5k for it.

  8. #8contractor0782017-08-14 09:51

    I am sure you will the root grapple they are basicly the same at the CAT roof grapple. Very well made and very handy for lots of projects.

  9. #9barnbuilder2017-08-14 16:06

    Well wouldn't you know. Someone just listed one on Craig's list 30 minutes ago for $2000. Same one I purchased. Never fails.

  10. #10DIYDAVE2017-08-14 20:44

    Ain't that always the truth? I hadda 3/4 drive head, dis-assemble itself, it was a cheap chinese one, 30 years old. Went to HF, and bought a new chinese one($20), then at an auction, on saturday, I picked up a jh williams, in a bucket lot, fer $5 + the thievery fee...

  11. #11Bumpsteer2017-08-15 00:17

    When I bought mine the salesman sent pics of the 2 used ones they had, one looked like it lived on the bottom of Lake Erie, the other was very clean. I bought the clean one, turned out to be new old stock, a little suface rust & paint bubbleing, never used. Wasn't perfect, so it got sold for used. Ed<-------happy camper.