Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat Joystick Startup Error Code

Will Jenks ยท 2023-02-11 18:42

Hello, The joysticks on our Bobcat S130 were not showing any error codes on the display but apparently were causing the auxiliary hydraulics to kick off randomly. Our mechanic determined this and installed a new joystick on the left and a rebuilt joystick on the right (I believe he has calibrated them twice now). Now, when you first start the machine and push the "Push to Operate" button if you haven't already physically moved the joysticks prior to pushing the "Push to Operate" button it will throw two codes- D3907 (Left joystick Y-axis not in neutral) and D4007 (Right joystick Y-axis not in neutral). If you move the joysticks slightly and then push the "Push to Operate" button everything will work fine as long as you don't turn the machine all the way off (You can get out of the machine and get back in and push the "Push to Operate" button without first moving the joysticks and it is fine as long as you had it working when you first started it). For most people this may not be a big problem but we have so many different and sometimes new operators that this could prevent someone from being able to do their job if they think the machine isn't going to work. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Replies1
  1. #1JBrady2023-02-13 10:41

    I'd also like to know what the culprit is. I get 40-07 and 39-07 errors from time to time too. Sometimes, I have to turn the machine off and restart it and it works fine, sometimes raising the lap bar and push to operate will clear it out. It does seem to happen more with higher humidity, like if I leave the bobcat in the field overnight and the next morning it will happen once or twice. I still have the original joysticks on my S250. My dad's T300 has had tons of problems with the joysticks.