Hi All, Working on replacing the 3 drive drive chains on our landscape rake. Does anyone know the proper tension for the drive chains? Service manual? Any help would be greatly appreciated. - John
I don't know what Bobcat lists for chain tension but this might help. This is what Diamond chain suggests.
I appreciate the look. I am not 100% sure but i found a service manual for a rake made by Paladin that looks exactly like my bobcat unit. Their recommended slack falls in line with what you have. Thanks!
Paladin/Bradco makes a bunch of the renamed skid steer implements for Bobcat, Cat, Deere, etc..... Very good quality stuff Try a google search for your model number, may well turn up a service manual
Why not use the OEM manual? Where'd you buy the chains? Did you buy the rake bars, too?
The parts manual
So, is it 1 to 2 inches, or, 3 to 4 inches? Myself, I set them at 1.5" deflection. And, I've had to put the jamb nuts on the opposite side of the jack screws, to keep adjusting the bearings for wear. And, obviously, a Rockhound 72A is a Bobcat 6A Landscape Rake, and... A Bobcat 6B Landscape Rake is a 72B Rockhound.
Thanks Jimbo. Thats what we did. i have yet to get the slack dialed in, too busy in the field.
I didnt have the OEM manual but i found the Rockhound one that you have attached. I just have to find the time to adjust the chains. I bought the chains from our local bobcat dealer. The bolt on rake bars weren't too bad so we straightened out the bent ones and installed them on the new chains with some new hardware. i priced those out and they were about $300 a piece!