Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat “medium frame” M series

snocrete ยท 2012-10-20 13:01

Has anyone seen these yet? I thought they were supposed to hit the market by now? I cant seem to find anything about them

Replies13
  1. #1crewchief8882012-10-20 16:43

    i believe the release date is the end of october....... :drinkup

  2. #2snocrete2012-10-20 21:24

    I've been hearing Aug, Sept, Oct...finally my dealer told me he'd be receiving the new version of the T190 (i think its called a T580???)by the end of this month, but even so, I'm surprised there are no articles/pics of these new med. frame machines????? Or is there? I sure cant seem to find any?? I'm actually more interested to see specs on the replacement for the S205.

  3. #3crewchief8882012-10-21 12:33

    i personally havent even seen any pictures of the new models, from what i heard (through others) the pics that can be found dont have any model numbers on them.. just another OEM being secretive..... :drinkup

  4. #4snocrete2012-10-21 22:38

    Oh well...guess I just have to wait like everyone else...

  5. #5olsnow2012-10-21 23:03

    Found more info with pictures and a video. Links below! http://www.greenindustrypros.com/pr...ame-size-skid-steer-and-compact-track-loaders http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ywDIKldvQ&feature=channel&list=UL

  6. #6snocrete2012-10-22 19:39

    Sweeet!!...thanks!....S590, thats the model I'm interested in.

  7. #7Bobcatdan2012-10-22 19:42

    The salemans have seen them at dealer meetings and bootcamp. They where suppose to be here almost a year already but kept getting pushed back. They are suppose to be here anyday now. Their parts catalogs have been up on the dealer site for a month or so.

  8. #8snocrete2013-08-25 12:28

    my waiting is over.....

  9. #9ValleyFirewood2013-08-25 15:27

    Looks like it has 10ft of rear overhang compared to an older machine. I have hit the back of my S250 a few times, couldn't even imagine with that thing, would be knocking down everything!

  10. #10Jim152013-09-12 12:09

    I like the new M series machines, from skids to CTLs to excavators. Couple of questions how wide outside tire to outside tire, are those (they do look like) offset rims and tires, and is that a 74" or 78" bucket? my guess would be the 74" because it doesn't look too much bigger than the 68" we have on our S185, but does look a little bigger than the 74" we have on our T590.

  11. #11snocrete2013-09-15 11:40

    Yes it has the offset rim kit, which makes it 60in from tire to tire. And yes, that's a 74in in the pic. I also have 62in for it, among some other buckets.

  12. #12Jim152013-09-15 15:27

    Same as our S185. Have always had 743s, 753s, 763s, and S185s with the offset rims/tires and 62" buckets. Perfect size skids in our opinion. Can load the highest ten wheelers and tri axles, but can still fit through 5' gates, spin in tight places, and tow behind a pickup (which we rarely do anymore) . Once you get into the S250/S330 frame or the even bigger S850 frame now, you really get away from "compact equipment"

  13. #13snocrete2013-09-15 16:21

    along with cost...those are some of the reasons "medium frame" skid steers are the most popular