Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat MT85 – not moving

Augie22 ยท 2023-07-23 09:50

Have a 2019 MT85 - the right side tracks are not moving, left side works fine. Does anybody know how to test the hydrostatic pump and if so, where would i hook up my pressure gauge? And what would the correct pressure level be? I'm not sure if it's the pump or the motor that's bad but would like to start there. Any insights appreciated. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1crewchief8882023-07-23 17:46

    id lift up the machine and see if the track/motor will spin by hand. my 1st guess is a broken motor shaft

  2. #2Augie222023-07-23 18:51

    Ok I'll try that. So your thinking is if it spins freely then that would indicate a broken shaft right? Thanks

  3. #3crewchief8882023-07-24 17:16

    yes. you might feel some resistance. the last couple ive seen they spin pretty much free. if in doubt, compare it to the other side

  4. #4Augie222023-07-24 17:49

    Thanks, I checked and they both have about the same resistance.