Does anyone know if I can buy a radio for my bobcat 430 from an electronic store, or does the wiring harness require one from the dealer?
earmuffs with a built-in radio work pretty good, and are cheap. http://www.amazon.com/WorkTunes-Headset-Reduction-Protector-90545/dp/B000067O0F
smalltime if the bobcat has a 12V electrical system which i guess it should yeah go and buy it from an elecrtonics store
I know what you are asking about, but I dont know the answer. On my 435 mini EX I had a box next to the door for a radio also, i opened the cover up and there was a plug in there that looked like it was pre-wired for a radio. I never looked into seeing if it was an aftermarket radio or a bobcat plug.
Yeah KeppleServices, it already has the speakers, wiring harness & antenae wire in that box. The dealer wants over $150.00 for an AM/FM, cassette & over $200.00 for one with a CD player. I just want an AM/FM & that is all. Running that Cat 307 with radio kind of spoiled me. It was nice to hear the weather warnings & know to put the lasers up before the rain drops started falling. I was just hoping for a cheaper way out.
All radios operate the same way. Yu just need an adapter for an aftermarket radio into the stock harness. This is what allows you to run an aftermarket in any vehicle. Unfortunatley I doubt Bobcat or a radio maker has an adapter (Bobcat probably has a unique plug and has radios made for them). The easiest would be to get a wiring diagram (or chase the wires) to indentify power, ground, speakers etc, cut the plug off and splice in an aftermarket.
That's all I'd do if it were me, smalltime. Go to WalMart, Kmart, Circuit City, whatever and buy the radio of your dreams. I would probably try and find a weather resistant one, but then you're gonna spend a little more,... your choice. Boat dealers would have the perfect radios due to the application, but it's gonna cost more obviously. The installation is too simple, even if the harness isn't going to match. With just 2 speakers, a feed and a ground wire, it's not going to be long till you're doing the macarana while hanging onto your joystick. Then again, I haven't been around Bobcat skidsteers recently, just Cats...are they joystick yet?
Sounds like I will have to give it a try this weekend. Lowboy, I am not sure about the Bobcat skid steers, this is for a bobcat 430 excavator, but it is joystick. I figure they may be optional in the skid steers.
Gotcha...Those seem to be nice little machines to me. I work for a Cat rental dealer, but believe me, I'm not married to every single piece that Cat offers. The Cat skidsteers, such as the 277's on tracks are pretty nice and handy. As far as mini-ex's go, Bobcat could give Cat a run for their money any day.:thumbsup
The nice thing about buying OEM radios/cd players is the weatherproofing/dustproofing. I know the CD player we had installed in our 312 was $250, but it was supposedly dustproof and is designed to work ejecting the disk straight up. Sure you can go to Walmart and buy a cheapie, but chances are you'll be buying one again. But, I've never gone that route, so I can't comment on how long CD players designed for cars last in heavy equipment.
We have a 420C backhoe that was prewired for a stereo, minus the reciever itself, so we put an el cheapo in just to fill the empty void in the OEM box. It's been 3 years of dust, dirt, vibration, and an occasional blast of water from a hose to clean out the interior, and it's still working fine. There's no CD or cassette player in it, just am/fm. We didn't think it would be beneficial or last in those conditions, and besides, most homeowners that rent the hoe can barely run it, let alone be jammin' to their favorite tunes while they're slamming into stuff with the pigtail anyways.
Hey I'm trying to wire in an aftermarket stereo and the wiring plug on my bobcat 442 has a brown, black and yellow wire coming from it. Just wondering if anyone knows what wires are what? I've tried a few combinations but doesn't seem to be working. It has to connect to red, yellow, and black on the stereo wiring. Ignition +, battery 12V +, and a ground I believe.
A test light and or a multimeter will answer your questions in short order.
Also A 1.5 volt battery applied to the speaker wires will squeal so you know if its left or right and the right two wires, if after it's working you have no low end or bass switch the polarity on speaker wires.