Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S130 Electrical Problem

Alan Caro · 2021-11-02 16:38

Bobcat S130 all functions working perfectly and engine running very good as its supposed to. Display indicates high engine temperature and high fuel amount even though the fuel tank is not full and engine is cold. It’s not the display as I switched it up with another skid steer and it worked perfectly any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Replies6
  1. #1Alan Caro2021-11-02 16:40

    It also shows these codes (in attachment) Last time I remember the operator handbook indicated these are high indications (high temp and fuel tank high)

  2. #2Coaldust2021-11-02 18:15

    One or more bad grounds. You’ll probably discover both gauge circuits share the same ground. You need a wiring diagram. I don’t have one handy fur that machine, at the moment.

  3. #3hookedondiesel2021-11-03 08:58

    Is the back of the display fully enclosed or can you see any connections. i have to agree with Coaldust, maybe a picture of the back of the display would help along with the pigtail wiring.

  4. #4Alan Caro2021-11-03 17:29

    Update: Found 3 ground connections, one of them had a loose bolt, other than that all were cleaned with electrical connection cleaner the back of the display goes into 1 plug Started the machine back up and continues with the same problem I noticed that it begins showing all the high indications when the blower turns on, so it may be something related to that. i attached a picture of what seems to be the connection to the engine harness, tried to remove it to clean it but I am not sure if it comes off as it was rather hard to pull out and I don’t want to break anything, is this easily removable? I tried the screws and they seem to be to hold the harness connection in place. I also attached a picture of the battery so you can see kind of how many wires leave from the back

  5. #5hookedondiesel2021-11-04 08:43

    From what I see, with regards to the "battery", it looks like there was some soldering done on some of the negative cables. I would start there, clean all connections. cut and remove the soldered joints and install new eyelets for the grounds. Once thats done, recheck your gauges. I would also "assume" those 4 bolts hold the connector on for your gauges.

  6. #6hookedondiesel2021-11-08 17:19

    So, Alan from Puerto Rico, have you got this figured out?