Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S130 Left Joystick Problem

BillB · 2015-08-11 00:31

My Bobcat S130, 2007, (210 hours) has a left Joystick problem. When I move the left joy stick to the left, the Interlock Control System BICS, turns off the #4 “Traction” light. The Error Codes that display are….. 75-01 CAN Joystick Information Error; 39-28 Left Joystick Internal Failure; 40-13 Right Joystick Grip Not Connected. Right Joystick works fine so I don’t understand this last Error Code. All other machine operations seem to work fine. I am thinking this is likely an electrical issue. Possibly due to corrosion as it is pretty wet here in Hawaii. I have the BobCat Service Manual but before digging into the repair I am looking for suggestions from anyone who has had and resolved a similar issue. Could this be just a bad connection? Maybe need a new wiring harness for Joystick? Or a whole new Joystick? 75-01 CAN Joystick Information Error 39-28 Left Joystick Internal Failure 40-13 Right Joystick Grip Not Connected

Replies3
  1. #1crewchief8882015-08-11 17:42

    about all you can do without replacing the joystick is check your connections for moisture or corrosion. without connecting to bobcat's service analyzer it's almost impossible to see whats going on. :drinkup

  2. #2BillB2015-08-11 19:06

    Thanks for the reply. Are the Joysticks and wiring interchangeable? At least enough to swap things back and forth a bit to help isolate if the problem is in the wiring or in the Joystick itself.

  3. #3crewchief8882015-08-12 19:59

    i've never tried it, but it may be worth a shot. 2 bolts per side and the whole assembly and lever will come out, 2 harness connections. :drinkup