Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S160 oil in the header tank

Fendtlad ยท 2017-07-22 05:19

Have a customers Bobcat S160 that has oil in the header tank. I have never worked on one of these machines before so unsure if it is in fact engine oil and not hydraulic oil in the tank. From what I have read common cause is a blown head gasket or cracked/Warped head due to over heating. They did ring me a couple of weeks ago to say it was over heating so went out and blew radiator out which was completely blocked. Is there anything else I should check before ripping the head off? Engine Details: Kubota V2607-T Serial # BA0747 Code #IJ711-00000 Type # V2607-D1-T-EU4 I pulled glow plugs out and wound engine over and had a couple of little spits of oil looking substance come out of #2 cylinder. The rest were clean. Also what does the "EU4" mean in the "Type". I have a manual for a V2607-D1-T-E3B. Will this cross over to my engine? Thanks for your help

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882017-07-26 07:44

    By header tank, do you mean the coolant bottle? There's no way to get hyd oil in there, unless someone put it there Run a compression test, and pressure test the cooling system. Kubota engines don't like to be overheated. Do it a few times, and the head will crack, typically the cracks are visible around the combustion chamber insert.

  2. #2Fendtlad2017-07-29 05:09

    Hi crewcheif, Thanks for your reply, yes I do mean coolant bottle. Yea I figured it was probably engine oil and not hydraulic oil but as I have never worked on one of these thought I'd better as the question. Thank you for your help