My seat bar sensor stopped working - no light on BICS, everything else active except Press-To-Operate button is dead. I pulled the sensor and found that the 3 wires are broken, about 4-5 inches from the sensor connection. I cannot find the other end of the wire. It should have fallen down. I also don't where the wires connect. I have an electrical diagram but cannot locate the bus bar where the wires connect. This is a 1995 machine, s/n 530117804. Any help would be appreciated. johnd
OK, no takers on this one yet. Here's where I am. I managed to access the wiring harness and found the other end of the bundle. Not much room to work, but I did splice 3 wires to the end that goes to the controller. I have a wiring diagram and I know that there is an 8v wire, and ground wire, and a signal. When I connected them, I got nothing. No codes, no action. I changed a couple wires around and got error codes. I changed again and got the seat bar light to flash when I put the bar down, but it does not stay on. I think I have tried every combination of wiring, with the same effects but maybe I've missed something.
A bit more info...I pulled it all apart again, cleaned the sensor components, put it back together, and I still have the seat bar light flashing once when I put the bar down. I probed the signal (B) wire while I put the bar up and down. It started at 8.8v, dropped to 6.6v when the light came on, then back to 8.8v when the light went off, a second later. I can hear a faint clicking noise when the light comes on.
question key on, engine running, l eave the seat bar UP and hit the PTO button, does the brake unlock?
No, it does nothing.
You can't straight wire that safety switch. The ECM is looking for a open circuit and then a closed when the magnetic switch closes when it's down. You can put in like a toggle switch if you really wanted to. The voltages your getting don't sound correct though. Generally safety switches and solenoids are 12v. When I worked at the Bobcat dealer the BICS system Bobcat used was known to be a not very good control system.
I'm not trying to wire the safety switch. And if I did, it would fry the sensor, which is at 8v. Today I checked for short to ground and found 2, one on the power, one on the signal. I found another break in the insulation where the 3 wires go into the frame. I cannot get my fingers in to this area, so I'll have to follow the wires in the bundle to a place where I can access them?
Sounds like your whole harness is probably in rough shape with that many bad spots.
I gave up today and hired a mobile Bobcat tech. Everyone tells me I need the scan tool to resolve this.