Hello all, I have been having troubles with my skidsteer engine. It started out with a leaking head gasket. Leaked coolant externally. The external leak sealed itself and then it eventually started to eat coolant so I figured it started to leak into the cylinder. Suddenly the motor lost power and started to die. Pulled the unit into the shop and figured I must have lost compression from head gasket. Pulled motor apart and found head was cracked. While motor was out I installed new piston, rings, bearings and honed cylinders. Never pulled the pump or gears off other than the crank gear. Once motor was back together it was hard to start. Poured white smoke. White smoke turned into black smoke underload and low power. Once started the motor would start instantly while warm. What I have done. Check compression 425psi on all cylinders Check glow plugs, correct ohms, all turn red hot. Got power and ground while cycling the key. Rechecked valves Installed all new fuel lines Installed clamps on all the lines. Tested with an electric lift pump. Ran fresh fuel from a can. Checked timing and timing mark did not come into the window. Marked the flywheel and found it is injecting very late. Retarded. Removed the timing cover and rechecked the gear timing. All line up. Removed injection pump and inspected. Tried removing 2 shims from the pump and testing. The mark now comes into the window, but on the high side. Still slightly retard. Starts perfect cold now. Almost instantly after glowing it. But now it has a knock. Like injector knock or ping. How would this be out of time if it has never been touched? Any help or ideas would be great I’m out of options other than taking the pump for testing. Although the guys that will test it don’t think it’s the issue.
No replies yet.