Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat s220 poor forward speed

Russell Simpson ยท 2022-10-03 18:08

The bobcat S220 has low hours 600. I started noticing going uphill the forward speed was very slow even with full throttle. I seem to be able to go in reverse normally from what I can tell. I switched out of iso drive and using the separate sticks to control each side the right forward drive was weaker than left but the reverse seemed ok. Looking for any ideas on this. I am not very knowledgeable on it but starting to look at the manual. I was wondering if there could be a controller (actuator?) going bad or could it be the hydraulic drive even though reverse functions? I appreciate any direction I should start looking? Russ

Replies2
  1. #1Russell Simpson2022-10-04 09:15

    I spent hours figuring out the hydrostatic system last night with the manual and going out to the bobcat with a flashlight. I have a servo controlled drive system. I felt like it was probably the control pump housing (6678339) that was the culprit. This morning I cleaned all of the electrical connections and it is working normally. Wow what a relief. The part is over $2000. I guess with something that is almost 20 years old and sits outside a lot the first thing to check is electrical connections.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2022-10-08 21:59

    Glad you figured it out and thanks for sharing your experience. Welcome to the Forums!!