Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S220 – Random shut-offs (34-04 codes and sometimes no code)

ylsf ยท 2022-01-23 19:28

Hello all, New here but I have read quiet a few threads looking for a solution to my problem. Have a Bobcat s220 and had a fuel issue and dealer tech ended up replacing the Left Hand panel on it last year (probably was not needed, they were quick to replace the part but fuel was actually just low after they replaced fuel sensor). Anyway, I didn't want to argue with the dealer because they have been pretty good with us over time but since then the machine has randomly shut off (sometimes idle, sometimes driving, etc). Tech came back and tried moving wires around for an hour and he couldn't duplicate it so he said to send it to the shop. We just use it for snow removal and I already had to send the machine for a month to replace the muffler/catalytic converter so I just dealt with it for the rest of the season. During the summer it didn't seem to cut off but machine maybe had 3 hours total. I did some of my own searching and found a mouse nest up in the header so thought that maybe they chewed a wire but the wires looked fine expect for the cab light wire. I just wrapped some tape around those two but once the cold weather came same issue started again. I had another local tech come out and check the machine (does other work for contractor we use here) and he said he repaired a wire at the computer so I thought maybe that fixed it. But, sure enough after that still getting the 34-04 error and random shut offs. I thought maybe it was just happening when really cold so I stored the machine inside but the next time I took it outside it went off again in 5 minutes. It is really random since sometimes I run it for 5 minutes and shuts off. Sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes need to try to restart it 5 to 10 times to get it going again. I read one person said they cleaned the connector on the Right Hand panel and remove the foam that is on the connector pins. I tried that and used the machine today for the first time and same thing/issues. Because it is intermittent I am trying to figure out next steps. I found a company that does controller repairs in the USA (I am in Canada) and I am thinking of trying to send the Right Hand controller down to them to repair if can get a stretch with no expected snow. It seems very off that this issue started all of the sudden with the new Left Hand panel so wondering if the controller could have been defective out of the box. The dealer wasn't much help on this. Would have really like to have been able to borrow someone's Left Panel/Right panel one at a time and see if it fixes the issue. Here is a video of one time when I started it In addition to the error code sometimes showing up it also has the B to D code on the right hand panel. Sometimes the display looks different where only the www.bobcat.com shows or it just shows the ears of the bobcat, etc. It doesn't even look like they have the Right Hand Deluxe Panel listed as an item on Bobcat parts store. I imagine a new one is going to be over $1500 Canadian. Wondering if worth the risk to buy new one or refurb my existing one. Since intermittent really hard to find the issue!

Replies0

No replies yet.