Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S250 Alt/Kit Fuse

Brandon Shaw · 2017-10-29 18:28

The fuse 11 with is 25 amp for the Alt/Kit keeps blowing. Its on a 2005 Bobcat S250 with ACS. When it blows the heater fan quits, the wipers quit. The machine does not have a backup alarm installed nor a horn. I have traced the wires and tested the wires with no shorts. Once the fuse is replaced it will work for a little while them ultimately blow again. Any ideas? Alternator going bad? Blower motor going bad? Any other ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1xgiovannix122017-10-29 19:20

    disconnect the alternator it might have an internal short

  2. #2Brandon Shaw2017-10-29 22:07

    Thanks I'll give that a try and see what happens.

  3. #3RDC_580C2017-10-30 01:55

    Looking over that schematic, I'd rule out the Blower Motor being bad, as it gets it's 12v from a relay that has it's own fuse, F1. The reason it also dies is because that F11 Fuse provides power to just turn that relay on is all, so when it cuts off the relay cuts off and the Blower dies. If the Blower Motor were going bad I'd expect F1 to blow. The Advanced Hydraulic Control Module also gets powered from that F11 fuse via the ACS switch. I'd agree with xgivaninix12 about checking the Alt first, but if that checks good you'll have to dig a little deeper in there. You may not have measured a short in the wiring, but that doesn't mean an intermittent one isn't in there somewhere that is showing up with the machine vibrating and bouncing around. Those can be a bit more fun to track down.

  4. #4xgiovannix122017-10-30 07:59

    hopefully it is the alternator but its never just that easy

  5. #5crewchief8882017-10-30 14:41

    Try disconnect the wiper motor. I'd suspect it before the alt. But ya never know

  6. #6Brandon Shaw2017-11-01 22:49

    So I replaced the fuse and had no problems and could not get it to replicate tonight and I had the blower on, alternator plugged in, and wiper motor running. Let’s get back to where this problem started. Last Thursday it was 70 degrees hear in Kansas with a strong cold front coming thur during the weekend. I decided to put the door back on and decided to turn the heater on to make sure it worked and blow the dust out of the duct work. The blower wouldn’t turn on and I found the fuse blown. Fast forward to Saturday high of mid 30s and moving a bunch of firewood with grapple bucket. Heater worked when I got in the machine. I drove it out about 1/2 mile and when I arrived I was getting warm so I shut the heater off. After a little while I was getting chilly so I went to turn it on and again it was not working, I checked the wipers they were dead also. This puts us today.

  7. #7RDC_580C2017-11-02 00:50

    Possible short in that door wiring harness? Still seems like some wiring issue somewhere in there that is causing it, since it's at such random intervals. Can't really rule out anything though until you can get it to repeat at will. You might try narrowing it down by firing everything up, but just let her sit for awhile and see if it happens on it's own. Then try working only one control at a time for awhile, or get in there and really mess around with the wire looms and connectors really good one by one while things are powered up and see if you can make the fuse blow on purpose.

  8. #8Bobcatmad212017-11-15 11:38

    I recently had an issue with my Bobcat S70 so bought a PDF version of the service repair manual for it which helped me massively. I've found one for your model here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263293660746?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 if anyone needs the S70 one I can send you it for free

  9. #9RDC_580C2017-11-15 12:23

    That's basically the owners manual, not much help for troubleshooting issues. It can be found here also - http://manuals.chudov.com/Bobcat-S250-Manual.pdf The service manual for the S250 (S/N 520711001 & Above) can be found here - https://www.usedloaderparts.com/wp-...vice-repair-manual-sn-520711001-and-above.pdf