Trying to get my machine up and running again.I felt no click on the original shutoff so I removed it and tried applying power to it on the bench.Nothing happened happy days found the problem so I thought.Got a new shutoff installed it same thing no click when key is turned on.Bench tested it getting nothing.Took a 12 volt charger on high clamped the negative on the shutoff body and put power to the red wire first and then the other 2 nothing doing.Am I missing something or is this a defective new part?
Red wire, white wire, black wire, that's a dual coil solenoid. First, none of the wires are connected to the body of the solenoid, it's internally insulated. Second, don't use a charger for testing, use a battery and jumper wires to perform electrical component testing. Now, how a dual coil solenoid works. Black wire is ground. Then there's the two internal coils, pull coil and hold coil. The pull coil is just what it says, it's to "pull" the solenoid engaged, high power electromagnet, but it can only be powered up momentarily, if that coil remains powered up for too long it will smoke the solenoid windings. The pull coil is the white wire. The hold coil, that's the magnetic coil that "holds" the solenoid once it's been engaged and the pull coil wire has been turned off, that would be the red wire. That solenoid on your Bobcat is controlled by the main controller (computer). When you power up the ignition the main controller sends voltage to the red wire (hold coil) and trips the fuel solenoid relay to power up the white wire (pull coil). After a couple of seconds the main controller drops the signal to the fuel solenoid relay to kill the white wire and keeps power on the red wire. If there's a problem with any of this you should be hearing three short beeps from the alarm.
Thanks for the easy to understand explanation of the functioning of that soleniod.The 3 short beeps I assume would be heard right at key switch turn on?I have not gone to the machine yet so not sure about the 3 beeps.I do have fuel right up to the pump at the banjo bolt but nothing at the outside of the pump.If there is no 3 beep alarm and I verify before reinstalling the soleniod works as described any suggestions on likely causes of not getting fuel through the pump?
reinstalled shutoff no 3 beep alarm.Rechecked fuel supply all the way up to pump all good and zero out from pump?
I'm not very familiar with the engine in an S650 so I can't help much with that. But the Bobcat diagnostics, pretty much any Bobcat from the G series on, when you first power up the ignition you should hear one long beep from the alarm, that's the computer doing a system test and also lets you know the alarm is working. Once you start the machine, at any time during operation you hear three short beeps from the alarm, that's the main controller alerting you that it's seeing a fault and for you to check codes at that moment. Bobcat machine only show codes when you hear that three short beep alert.
Do you have the Kubota or Doosan engine?