Hello Everyone, My boss is looking at buying a slightly used Bobcat SB200 snow blower attachment for his S300 without high flow... We're trying to determine what hydraulic motor package is installed on the snow blower to determine if we can actually use it. Are there any easy ways to tell? It does have a 3rd case drain line coming from it, but our loader has the return line hookup on it as well. From what I've been told we'd need the 8.0 motor package, but the seller of the blower has no idea how to determine what motor is on the blower. Any help or ideas would be great. Also, if it doesn't have the correct motor package on it, how much of a deal would it be to swap it to the 8.0 motor setup? Would it be as simple as removing the existing motor and bolting on another? Thanks!
Most motors have the size and capacity on the pump itself on the blower. My Erskine does and I think they still build BC's snow blower (not 100% on that). I would guess that since the blower has a case drain it is set up for high flow machine. The 300 only makes like 22 gpm at the aux. I am not sure that it really matters as you wont be feeding it near enough flow for it to matter. It is a bigger deal when you going from a HF skid steer to a regular flow attachment that flow rates and gpm are most important.
Ok I'll take a look for the specs on the motor when I go look at it. I'm mostly concerned about how well it would perform seeing as the seller has a high flow loader (a smaller machine but still high flow) and we don't... I'd hate to buy the thing, haul it home and find out it only throws the snow 12 feet or less...
That pretty much says that its a high flow blower, although knowing for is always good. Your aux. flow loader will not throw snow like a HF machine obviously. Most evident when the snow gets wet and heavier. Personally I believe that if you need a snow blower in the first place, than you should have a high flow blower, generally speaking. Your mileage may vary.