Hey guys, does anyone have experience using bobcat repair manuals?not owners manuals but shop manuals. I'm trying to teach myself some light repairs and maintenance things just to b a little more helpful on the jobsites so we don't have to call out the mechanic for little repairs and also to maybe build up some job security. I'm pretty good with all kinds of repairs on autos, atvs and some things on dump trucks. But just about useless with heavy equipment(lack of experience) Is there a "best" shop manual out there? I found these, pretty cheap but I've run into some car shop manuals that were just a waste of money and time http://www.eastcoastmanuals.com/SRM_bobcatSSL_S.html Any recommendations?
Hi There, never used that site before, but have used tradebit.com for manuals before! got some bobcat manuals from there also, one tip is only buy manuals for the machines you work on, help keep cost down! Also any questions, just ask on this site, theres a wealth of knowledge on here! Aiden
if they contain all the info that an OEM bobcat manual has in it, then it's probably worth the price. FYI, if you are dealing with G series and newer machines, with active electrical faults, those manuals have no diagnostic info beyond schematics. there is an (outdated) printed electrical manual that has fault codes listed, with diagnostic charts that will "get you by" for the G series machines, and some K series. M series units are a different animal. :drinkup
I include a parts manual when ever I'm buying from the dealer (part of the deal). They won't tell you how to fix something but it breaks down all the parts so at least you can see what it should look like and order a part with their number. I haven't had real good luck with outside repair manuals myself. Best of luck!
I love my factory shop manual. Infact, I need to make copy of it and keep one in my truck so I always have the info at hand. Seems like everytime Ive got an issue that the manual could answer, Im never at home where it is.