Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T180 hydrostatic pump removal

GUNNER88 · 2020-08-31 09:52

I have a t180 bobcat sn-527513637. with a grinding hydrostatic pump, i need to replace but somebody told me i would have to remove the engine to get the pump out? or could i pull it through the front? what is the easiest way to do this. please help. never done a hydrostatic pump on a bobcat. and does anybody know a good place to get this pump?

Replies9
  1. #1murat2020-09-01 05:58

    the easiest way to do this job is to disassemble the engine and replace the hydraulic pump

  2. #2murat2020-09-01 05:59

    you can't disassemble the hydrostatic pump without displacing the engine

  3. #3Vetech632020-09-01 07:34

    There's more than one way to skin a cat. You have to decide on how much time, expense, and contortioning you wish to do to accomplish the job.

  4. #4GUNNER882020-09-01 07:43

    Ok. So what is the easiest way to remove the hydrostatic pump? Remove the engine and then take pump off? Or can it be pulled off through the front of the machine without removing the engine. I really don’t want to take engine out but I want to know how much more trouble would it be if I just tried to pull it through the front? Any ideas help.

  5. #5Vetech632020-09-01 07:48

    Why dont you go ahead and try pulling it from the front. If you cant, you really havent wasted too much time as you would have things removed anyway that needed to be removed for the engine/pump pull.

  6. #6GUNNER882020-09-01 20:58

    That’s my idea, but I was hoping somebody would say “don’t try to get out the front it’s a waste of time, just pull the engine.” Lol thanks. But I watched a removal on an 863 bobcat and it doesn’t look harsh. Worst case.

  7. #7Vetech632020-09-02 08:40

    You may very well get some responses like that but we keep an open mind here for the most part. Ive done many a repair my way and succeeded when it wasn't supposed to be possible.

  8. #8GUNNER882020-09-02 09:39

    Thanks for the help bud. I will be doing it this weekend. Will post results.

  9. #9GUNNER882020-10-20 16:19

    I DOUBLE CHECKED MY TESTING AND NARROWED IT DOWN TO THE DRIVE MOTOR, REPLACED IT AND HAD ALL THE POWER BACK! HAHA GLAD I DOUBLE CHECKED EVERYTHING, THANK YOU.