Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T190

lewi1969 ยท 2009-01-16 16:47

I have a 2005 T190 that is giving me code 17-06 (hydraulic lock valve solenoid short to ground). Sometimes I will get this code and the arms and bucket will not move. Sometimes it will work perfect. Has anyone had this problem before and what do I need to check first. Thanks, Neil

Replies16
  1. #1AtlasRob2009-01-16 17:12

    I would guess that its the safety bar solenoid playing up.

  2. #2shane2009-01-17 18:53

    I would lift the arms and raise the cab, then check the wire harness. The solenoid is right in the middle of the control valve on the right side of the machine under the cab. Check your harness, especially at points where it mounts with zip-ties. Track vibration causes rub-spots and starts with intermittent shorts. Good Luck.

  3. #3lewi19692009-01-21 13:00

    You hit it right on. It had a short in the harness where it was rubbing against a line. Thanks, Neil

  4. #4shane2009-01-21 16:23

    Good Work and nice fix! And thanks for following up!

  5. #5rbelden2009-08-31 18:28

    T190 Hydraulic problem Hello all, I searched the internet in vain for solution to my hydraulic problem with my 04' T190. In order to start the machine I have to hold the left control half way to get the hydraulics to a neutral position so that the motor will start. I know that the adjustment bars under the seat are for adjusting for even travel but they will not adjust this problem. Any suggestions? Does this have a neutral position sensor or adjustment? FYI I had to post this here because I'm not allowed to start a new thread so sorry if this seems out of sequence.

  6. #6bustedknuckle2009-08-31 18:44

    rbelden, I am guessing you are talking about the travel controls, right? If so, and neutral adjustment is done at the pump. The way your talking, it sounds like one of the aluminum levers on top of the hydrostat is loose, allowing the swash plate shaft to move on it's own. There is no neutral position sensor.

  7. #7rbelden2009-08-31 18:57

    Thanks for the reply. You're correct that I was talking about the travel lever, sorry for that omission. I think I know what you're referring to as there is a plate covering a knuckle connected to the adjustment shafts. However this is my first foray into this t190 other than tracks & sprockets. I've never run into a problem on any of my other machines that I could not troubleshoot with a basic parts diagram and a helpful hint. I'm guessing that there are no online parts diagrams for this thing. Are their online service manuals for this thing? Is the procedure your referring to very detailed?

  8. #8mrfixitpaul2009-09-01 07:47

    Here's how I adjust steering neutral: Get all 4 wheels/tracks off the ground and need the engine running, brake off to do the adjusting. When you have all the parts replaced and are ready to do final adjustment...make sure the 'triangular' arms are tight on the shafts. move the block closest to the spring away from it's arm, adjust the other side for neutral by loosening the block a little and 'tapping' it until you have neutral, and tighten. then hold the side closest to the spring in neutral and move the block into place and tighten. I found it easiest to do by putting my feet near the pedals so I can lean my knee against the steering lever to hold in neutral while I use both hands to work on the blocks and bolts.

  9. #9salad2009-10-03 19:39

    any one have problems with t-190 (06) kicking off the aux hydralics when using speed control?? also one track will not spin, kinda runs out of power when i turn around. wont even turn the truck if im on a slope. flow and pressures have all checked out at bobcat!!

  10. #10willie592009-10-03 19:57

    Welcome to the forum salad. :usa Not sure about your aux problem. Your weak drive could be either the pump or the motor, but you said Bobcat checked pump output and flow. I have replaced drive motors on a number of T190's. Raise your cab and find the case drain strainer for the weak drive unit. Each motor has two large hoses going to it, that's the pressure hoses. Then there is a small diameter hose going to each motor, that's the case drain hose. Follow that hose from the motor and you'll run across a piece of cylindrical looking aluminum in the line. That's the strainer. Remove it from the line, plug the hoses to control oil loss, and take the strainer apart. If it has a considerable amount of metal debris, chances are your motor has gone south. The really bad news is I haven't found a supplier for that Rexroth piston motor outside of Bobcat...and they're proud of them, like 2 grand. Hope that helps you.

  11. #11salad2009-10-03 20:00

    thanks. checked the case drain filters already and they are clean!! thanks anyways for the idea though!

  12. #12Shazza2009-11-10 22:04

    Swash plate sensor Do any T190 owners know of a supplier in the USA of these very expensive sensors? Cheers

  13. #13jgogo12010-04-12 17:23

    06 T 190 code 32-65 My 06 T- 190 I coming up with the code 32-65 "sensor supply voltage out of range" does anyone know how to fix this?

  14. #14carlsonauto2010-07-09 13:46

    Bobcat T190 hydraulic problem I have a 2004 Bobcat T190. When the boom is raised and your just sitting still it will slowly lower. I thought it might be the cylinders so I pulled the hoses off and no oil bypassed the seals. The bobtach cylinder also won't stay extended once you let off the button. Does anyone know what could cause this?

  15. #15Z28982010-07-10 08:24

    Hello Carlson, Without a schematic and not totally an expert on a T190 my suggestion would be to locate the load check valves. You should have one for the "up" function and one for the "down" function. I'm also guessing they are located in the loader control valve. If you can locate them change them from side to side (or function to function). If you can get a schematic you should be able to trace it and find location. The only other thing I can suggest is that you have a spool leaking (bypassing) inside the control valve. I could be way off. Not much but maybe a start. Hope this helps. Z

  16. #16Z28982010-07-10 08:27

    One other one now that I think about it. Make sure function spools in control valve are returning to neutral. It's possible your problem is simply a linkage issue that can be corrected with an adjustment. Z