Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat t190

N9878f ยท 2014-06-07 19:24

Hello, I'm new on here. I have an '05 Bobcat t190 with keyless start. Today while running the machine an error came up saying hydraulic oil temperature is too hot so we shut down the machine. Hydraulic oil was full. 30 minutes later we started up the machine and got codes 04-21, 47-22 and 08-22. That's high oil pressure, no coolant temp reading and zero hydro pressure. The machine runs fine and when we press the traction lock bypass button it drove on the trailer fine. Also the bics system will not turn on. It seams to me that all these sensors can't go down at the same time so I'm thinking it's electrical somewhere. Has anyone heard of this problem. What should I do to start repairing? Thank you for any help.

Replies15
  1. #1lantraxco2014-06-07 20:15

    Dunno the T190, but clean the battery terminals and look for bad grounds everywhere... voltage fluctuations can make computers schizoid.

  2. #2N9878f2014-06-07 20:20

    Will do this early tomorrow... Thank you

  3. #3willie592014-06-07 20:47

    Welcome to HEF N9878f. :drinkup 04-21 = engine oil pressure out of range high 47-22 = 8 volt sensor supply out of range low 08-22 = engine coolant temp out of range low I can't say what would cause all these varied codes at the same time, but I'd tilt the cab and closely inspect the main wiring harness, you could have rodent damage. Might also remove the panels to the left side of your left foot, that's where the ECM is located, check the wiring going to it as well.

  4. #4N9878f2014-06-07 21:05

    Ok great... Will do and I'll reply back asap. Thank you.

  5. #5crewchief8882014-06-08 09:08

    as willie mentioned check for obvious wiring damage. 47-22 is a symtom of the 8v power supply in the controller going bad when 47=22 is active, it causes other senders to throw codes. :drinkup

  6. #6N9878f2014-06-08 09:32

    I have another '07 t190 that works perfectly. Could I take the right hand keyless controller out of the working one and put it in the other to see if that solves the problem? After checking all wiring etc.. first?

  7. #7crewchief8882014-06-08 10:28

    rh keyless panel has nothing to do with your problem.... you may have 1 of 2 things going on, shorted/broken/damaged wiring main controller (going) bad all the sensors, as well as the rh PWM switch and seatbar switch use the 8v power supply in the main controller. any of those switches may cause fault codes, even tho the fault may not be for that switch. most common place in the wiring to check is the main harness, LH side of the machine, in front of the hyd tank where it is secured to the frame. :drinkup

  8. #8tekemp2014-06-08 10:39

    I would start with the 8v power supply being low, get a wiring diagram and check the 8v supply leaving the ECM and check the return side as well. If you have +-8vdc leaving the ecm then your problem could be in the return circuit from the sensors or the ECM is faulty. I'm not sure how bob cat works but with cat when the ECM says a reference voltage is out of wack like that and you check the pin on the ecm its normally OK and just the ECM is not reading it and has failed internally.

  9. #9N9878f2014-06-08 12:21

    Thanks for the help guys.... Here is what happened today. I started the machine and still same codes etc... I opened up the rear door and looked at the hydro filter which was covered in exhaust carbon. I looked at the muffler and the entire right side (circle) was blown out. This is right next to the hydro filter, hydro lines and both temp and pressure hydro sensors. I unplugged both sensors and started machine. Coolant gauge now works, oil pressure gauge now works and bics system all works perfectly. The 2 warning lights for hydro temp and pressure are both on because gauges are unplugged. If I plug the hydro gauges back in only the coolant gauge fails now and gives a code. If I unplug it again everything works except the 2 hydro gauges. Could both gauges fail at the same time because of excessive heat and carbon being blown on them?

  10. #10N9878f2014-06-08 18:26

    I just took out both hydro sensors (temp and pressure) and cleaned them. If I only plug in the temp sensor everything on the t190 works with no problem including the hydro temp. If I plug in the hydro pressure sensor the coolant gauge, oil pressure gauge, hydro temp gauge and bics system all stop working and the hydro pressure gauge reads 600 psi and the gauge is maxed out. Seems like I need a pressure guage and muffler. Does that sound right?

  11. #11lantraxco2014-06-08 20:13

    By jove, I think you've got it :drinkup

  12. #12willie592014-06-08 22:41

    For sure need to replace that muffler. A blown out muffler on a Bobcat can cause all manner of carnage in that enclosed compartment.

  13. #13N9878f2014-06-08 22:53

    Yes muffler, clamp and hydro pressure sensor should do it.

  14. #14N9878f2014-06-09 15:16

    Hey guys thanks for the help... It was the hydro pressure sensor causing all this. I changed it and the muffler and she's good as new. Thanks for the help!

  15. #15bobcan2014-08-30 00:13

    ^ I have not been around this place for long, but I do quite love it, and the smart people on it.. as a 'new owner' of an old (well, 2013 Water Damaged T190) I will be snooping around and learning a lot, or Reading a lot and I hope to be Learning.. Ha!! Thanks Folks