Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T190

Docwayne ยท 2019-07-29 10:50

Newbie to site and skidsteers in general. Recently purchased a used T190 '03 I believe. When it is sitting in neutral and not moving at all the backup horn is going off unless I push the left drive arm forward. Is there a simple adjustment to get rid of this mostly mild annoyance. Also the machine feels a little jerky sometimes. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Docwayne

Replies5
  1. #1Bswwood2019-07-29 20:22

    Just raise the cab by removing the two nuts at the front of it with a 3/4 wrench. Directly under the seat and you will see your steering linkage and there will be two micro switches. There will be a plate on each drive linkage that closes the micro switch. Just simply loosen the bolts holding the plate on and position it where you want it for the backup alarm to work correctly. Follow your drive linkage all the way back to your pumps and move the steering and see if there's any play or slop back there the pumps that's usually what will cause the jerkiness

  2. #2Docwayne2019-07-29 20:39

    Thanks Bswwood and Crewchief888 for great replies. The plate for the right arm was broken, the left arm was out of adjustment. I welded the broken plate and adjusted both so they are now operating properly. There is about 1/2 inch of play in the left control arm back at the centering plate. I am assuming that is what is causing the jerking

  3. #3Docwayne2019-07-30 14:38

    I was reading the post about bobcat creep. Is this probably the problem with the jerky operation? It is most noticeable when operating near full throttle. If so is there any place you know of that sells those parts needed as a kit?

  4. #4JBrady2019-08-14 16:24

    Since you said you are new to skid steers, pretty much any new operator is going to be jerky until you really get the feel for the machine, especially at higher RPMs. The machine should not move at all when your hands aren't on the sticks. If you have the chance to operate another similar machine, you'll be able to figure out if the jerkiness is caused by you or something in your machine. Spend some time in your machine, start of with as much throttle as you need, but no extra. You might find that your machine is fine once you have some more seat time.

  5. #5Docwayne2019-08-14 17:24

    Thanks for the reply JBrady. I have operated a few wheeled skid steers that were much smoother than mine. That said, there is no creep noticeable. I have not had it up on blocks yet to see if that makes a difference. I've had a few projects so I have about 100 hours in the machine now. It seems to be getting worse not better.