I recently bought a Bobcat t190 that needed a drive motor... typical. Anyhow, I replaced the drive motor, replaced all the filters (case drains and both spin on filters) and now I need to fill it up with fluid to test. When I spoke with the guys at Bobcat, they recommended a 30wt non detergent, anti foaming fluid. The guys that rebuild my drive said they use an aw68 type fluid. Other research has brought me to aw32 and aw46 fluid. So the question is, which fluid do you recommend? I have iso 46 and universal tractor hydraulic fluid on hand from tractor supply. I refuse to pay the bobcat prices for fluid. Thanks
I've used AW46 oil in Bobcat machines for years, never had any oil related issues myself.
I will go ahead and use the Tractor supply ISO 46... will let you know how it goes!
68 would be a little heavy for Jersey temperatures in my opinion, as Willie sez, a good anti-wear (AW) 46 should be okie-dokie!
whatever you decide to use, you want a hyd fluid rated for hydrostatic drive systems. most "universal tractor fluid" doesnt have the attitives and anti foaming agents the drives require. :drinkup
And typically have additives to prevent brake chatter with wet brakes, not needed in a Bobcat system.
I used 10/40 engine oil in my 743b, I just topped off my hydraulics on the S160 I just bought with 10/40 engine oil, is that ok for the S160?
I don't think topping off with engine oil will hurt anything wbecker319, but I'd prefer an AW hydraulic oil myself.
since '05 or so, bobcat no longer recommends engine oil in hyd systems. :drinkup