Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat t190 intermitten running

GaryCS ยท 2021-01-14 07:36

Have a 2006 Bobcat t190. Was having issues with it completely shutting down intermittently, but able to start right back up with key ignition. It only did this while moving. Thought I had issue with left side instrument panel, so found company that would test it, but they insisted the issue could be with the right side instrument panel. removed and shipped both to them, they claim both were OK and shipped back. When plugged back in, neither one energizes when I turn on the key. I checked voltage on the red/white stripped wire going to ignition key and I have 12 volts there. Checked the same wire on the left instrument panel, and I have 12 volts there. What can I check now?

Replies5
  1. #1JBrady2021-01-19 11:48

    Are you getting 12v from that wire to the frame or to one of the wires in the harness? I have not had the left side out, but if I recall correctly from changing my S250 from keyed to keyless, there is only one wire harness connector on the right, 12V+, ground, and the rest for communications all in that one connector. It sounds like you have a broken wire somewhere up there. I am not sure about this, but I think if it (the machine) loses communication between the two panels, the machine just completely shuts down. The good thing is when you restart it, it should have that error code stored in memory.

  2. #2GaryCS2021-01-19 12:39

    Checked the voltage from the red/white striped wire on the right instrument panel. Got 12.04v to ground, but when checked to what I think is the neutral on the wiring harnes I get 7.4 v. Moved wires around but no change in voltages.

  3. #3Txhayseed2021-01-23 00:38

    You wont get 12 volts on every wire. Modern electrical systems dont work off of 12 in 12 out. Its all CAN. Your gateway controller supplies 12,5,7.5 ect depending on what circuit your testing. Are you getting power to the gateway ?? Whats your serial number ? That is needed for the schematic. Have you checked all your fuses and relays ?? Bobcats have a nasty habit of fuse box issues. Corrosion, pin breaking, wires chaffed in that area. I would flip the can and thoroughly check your harness where it runs along the front by the control levers. If it only happens when you move it might be the harness is getting shorted out right in that area. It fits right in there pretty tight and can easily make contact with the linkages.

  4. #4GaryCS2021-01-23 10:35

    After multiple times of checking wiring and connections, called a local equipment repairman. He found that the pins on the connector going into the left instrument panel were loose and not making solid connections when plugged into the panel. Hence the intermittent shutting down. Thanks for all of you who posted on the thread.

  5. #5Txhayseed2021-01-23 19:26

    Good deal. Glad it was something simple..