I am having no problems yet with the drive motors on my T190 ....I can not seem to find any info on anything I should be doing to keep them in good shape....I am familiar with torque type hubs that will self destruct with lack of gear oil...does the drive motors on a t190 have gear oil in them?
Yes they do, I believe if you are going to service them yourself you may as well go get yourself a Service Manual from the dealer _ worth its weight in drive motors and other bits, I think.. That being said, I believe the T190 (or my 2013 at least) requires track & sprocket removal to do motor maintenance, yippee for us all.. and the 'magic fluid' a special synthetic-blended oil spec'd by drive mfg not BOBCAT _ and I believe manual says 500 hr MAX, and many do it every 250 hrs, or as soon after as they can get to it.. Cheap insurance if done before/when it should be and then saves Drive issues, I gotta think, just too bad not easier to access ** Also, do inspect (change as required) the case drain filters on the machine at the same time you replace the hub oil _ Good Luck!!
that figures....this machine I was told had a drive motor replaced prior to me buying it...it only had 1700 hrs on it...now I got 1850hrs on it....I think it got new tracks then too...the ports must be right behind the sprocket...I assume you would be able to release tention , remove sprocket, and then have access to the fill and drain ports...with the track laying there so you don't have to pick up the machine...you simply work through though the track.
I have a service manual ...and oh boy ...can of worms
I am not finding hub oil?.....case drains look simple enough