Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T190 misfire

JRuffryders0930 · 2015-10-19 22:42

I have a bobcat t190 that seems to be misfiring. I just did a head gasket replacement due to it blowing. I had the had checked which they shaved due to warp and they replaced the springs and seals. Put the head back on readjust the rocker arms. Had a hard time getting it started but it did start but a lot of smoke came out. It still smokes but no as much. Go to move the machine and it wants to stall cause it seems to me like it is misfiring. There sounds like some noise from the lower engine. Maybe a piston? Anyone have any ideas on what it can be or why I should check for. Any help would be great.

Replies7
  1. #1mountainlake2015-10-20 06:46

    Pull the injectors and have them checked first, could have some dirt in the lines. When a diesel missis on one or more cylinder they don't sound good

  2. #2CRAFT2015-10-20 17:23

    Try Re-Bleeding the injectors first for Air in the lines …… The knocking sound you are hearing is the injectors intermittently supplying fuel and cutting out, making it appear like a Bad Piston Knock ! …… With the Fuel-Bulb Primer right there it shouldn't be to hard to do alone …. Start with bleeding the Fuel Filter first … then work your way towards the injectors ……. Maybe pull the Injectors as a last resource and have them checked !!! ….. Good-luck !

  3. #3mountainlake2015-10-21 06:12

    It could be a air leak in the fuel line which would cause all cylinders to miss fire randomly. If you have a heat temperature gun get it started and point it at the exhaust manifold on each cylinder, if one stays colder than the rest check that injector. Steve

  4. #4JRuffryders09302015-10-21 07:13

    I tried pointing the temp gun at the exhaust. Looks like cylinders 2 and 4 are running cooler.

  5. #5mountainlake2015-10-21 13:15

    If a lot cooler I'd pull the injectors and have them tested or just put rebuilt ones in if the price isn't too high. Steve

  6. #6mountainlake2015-10-22 04:55

    Also make sure the valves are adjusted right, not too tight. Steve

  7. #7Swannny2015-10-22 18:56

    I had a three cylinder JD motor that sounded like it was missing badly earlier in the week. Lots of knocking noise with a fluttering sound. Ended up being the electric lift pump was weak...cutting on and off. Replaced it and what a difference.