I turn key and it cranks one time and stops...had battery checked and was good..no codes come up..it did start once and then shut self off and now no luck starting again...any suggestions...
kinda confused, but, it started and shut itself off? (how long did it run?) or turns over and will not start? :drinkup
trouble starting after turning key to start about 30 times it did crank over and start...I moved it 20 feet and it shut off...then tried starting it again and it just cranks one short time and stops. I need to turn key off and try again with same results..I was told by someone who had same experience that it was a bad battery cable...need to check that out...
I will agree, this action seems MOST like what you would get from a bad Cable/Connection or Solenoid.. ie. the High Amperage side of the circuit likely, perhaps a Ground connection as well.. ** Do you still hear the solenoid attempt to engage (click) when you turn the key..?? Good luck, keep us in the loop _ likely a simple fix at least
I tried jumping it from starter and it cranks over good but won't start...should engine have started by jumping the starter...
once I turn the key, it does a short crank and then nothing else. no clicking or nothing. I turn key back off and then turn it again same short crank and then nothing...it did crank when I jumped it from the starter...but won't start...am I correct to assume if battery cable is bad that fuel pump not working to start it from starter?
pull the battery cables clean the cable ends and battery posts and try again. are you sure it's not throwing any fault codes? :drinkup
end up spending $120.00 replacing battery cables...cleaned every connection I could...same result...talked to bobcat mechanic who told me to check relays in box under operators seat as they get corroded..pulled relays out and back in. turned key and machine fired right up. runs fine. not to mention it has pretty battery cables now too..I hope this might help someone else save a few dollars and time...thanks for all the info