Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T250 Multiple Electrical Faults

Ryan Schafer · 2019-09-08 12:11

Hi Everyone. I have a Mid 2000s T250 with some electrical issues I have been working on for a couple weeks. Ive been having issues diagnosing due to lack of/vague information on the Manuals and Schematics. I was really hoping Somebody on here could help. So our problem is that during operation the machine would fault out. Cutting the tracks and Bucket hydraulics out. You would then have to press the green enable but again to carry on. This would let you work for an intermittent amount of time sometimes you wouldn't get very far. It seemed like prolong use like this just worse and worse. When I first took a look at this after a couple weeks into this problem (Father's Skidsteer) Here is what i found. -The Right Hand Instrument/ key Panel Lights are all staying on. And Sometimes intermittently the lights would go out. I have no idea what all the lights on even means as this is supposed to be a way to diagnose individual faults (This Panel was Changed a year ago as a result to a no start) -After Looking at some of the wiring I later was not able to move the machine at all and was getting a park brake fault. I Found the park brake solenoid was rotten. Replaced it hoping it was my fix. I Can Move again now but i was unable to move right track reverse. After unplugging cleaning the deutsch connector to the right reverse solenoid i was able to move properly again but the machine still fault out on me after awhile, oddly enough now only the tracks stop working but I can move the bucket (I would then have to press the green enable button to work again). -During the start of this I noticed the Fuel Guage was not reading correctly, it was going up and down by itself. Now its just reading zero (it does cycle up and down during start) Thinking of possibly a bad ground Ive gone through most of the wiring on this skid steer. Hoping that a crushed or chewed harness would be affecting other systems Im have issues with. Could not find. -I even replaced the battery because there was a deep cycle marine battery installed that i didn't look very healthy. So Battery replaced now and I cleaned up all the cables. -I also replaced all the relays in the fuse panel because during the diag the fuel pull relay failed and we had a no start. -All Fuses are good. Ok So Ive been Working up to the Fault Codes Im Getting. Currently with Intermittent hydraulics faulting out, all lights on instrument panel on and no fuel gauge -75-39 Left Swash Plate Sensor Out of Range Hight -I -09-21 Fuel Level Out of Range High I would sometimes get this 40-07 Right CAN Joystick Y-Axix Not in Neutral And in the End I started getting this, suspecting that i was killing the battery at this point. 75-71 Battery Voltage Out of Range Low If Anyone Has any Information in regards to this issue you would be a lifesaver to my family. The machine is stuck in the bush so getting a Tech out would be costly. I am not sure how to proceed with some of these fault codes. I can understand if pump swash sensor is out of range but I have no information on this.

Replies2
  1. #1Michael Foye2019-09-08 12:47

    Yikes!!! That’s definitely a wiring issue due to one or all of those codes but I’m almost positive it’s only one of those codes leading to this anomaly. I can tell you this.... bad grounds or ruptured wires touching and whatnot can drive a man insane . And have you tested the starter ? A multimeter is your best and only friend here. I am sure you already know all of this but maybe I shed some light.

  2. #2JBrady2019-09-10 17:19

    I would look closely at the wiring to the control panels and between them. When I installed the keypad instrument panel in mine, I was surprised at how exposed the wires were.