Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T450 Slow to Start and Low Power/RPM After

Lee_in_Georgia · 2022-12-14 11:49

Hey all… I have a T450 (2019) that is slow to start and will puff a bit of blueish smoke when it does fire up. After starting it does not run at full power or RPM. Max RPM at a stand-still is maybe 1500 or thereabout. The battery is good and spins the starter well, but it takes about a second or so for it to fire up. Then it'll puff a little smoke run... no more smoke after that. I’m getting the following error fault codes: 1485-07 (ECU Main Relay Fault) 0637-08 (Cam Signal Fault) 0637-02 (Cam Signal Fault 4082-04 (Inlet Metering Valve Fault) Serial Number: AUVP13249 Thus far all I’ve done is replace the fuel filter and added some ClearDiesel to the fuel tank. We have a lot of problems with the crews running/leaving the equipment with just a ¼ tank of fuel, so fuel issues are not uncommon. This unit has 842hrs on it. I don’t have the Bobcat service software/hardware, so I can’t do much more to diagnose the problem. I’d appreciate any help or guidance you folks could offer.

Replies8
  1. #1bobatack2022-12-14 20:44

    first check if any of the fuses is blown that power the ecu's

  2. #2Lee_in_Georgia2022-12-15 10:55

    Bobatack... nailed it! The ECU 15a fuse was blown. Replaced and the unit runs great again. Thanks so much for the help!!! And the quick response. I LOVE THE FOLKS ON THIS FORUM!

  3. #3bobatack2022-12-15 12:01

    just gonna say what triggered my response A few weeks ago my T870 bobcat would not engage the drive with pressing the green traction button Was a blown fuse for some odd reason. So i was swapping a fuse or 2 to get it home Happened to pull one of the ecu fuses and got all kinds of errors pop up. These machines can detect many things but shows that a bad fuse can or might lead you in the wrong direction if you just look at the warnings/fault codes on machine

  4. #4Lee_in_Georgia2022-12-15 12:28

    Good to know. I'll have to admit that I was skeptical when I saw your post about the fuse, but figured that was a good place to start. I took the multi-meter and checked ohms on the fuse and got over-limit... then I was like crossing my fingers and toes when I pulled it. I was never so happy to see a blown fuse . Thanks again.

  5. #5Lee_in_Georgia2022-12-16 07:31

    Any idea how to reset the trouble codes? I'm still getting the three beeps/flashing "i" light and showing the old codes. I've searched both the service manual and the owner's manual and can't find anything.

  6. #6bobatack2022-12-16 19:10

    Does your machine have the deluxe panel on the right side? If so then use right or left arrow key and page thru to screen showing what fault/warning is active after the 3 beeps Maybe the machine is letting you know that is time to do service So check if the service timer is activated

  7. #7Lee_in_Georgia2022-12-19 10:39

    No... mine has one the basic panel on the upper left. Has only one line of text and the error code scrolls across the screen. It seems to only display the error code (E001485-07) when it's first started. Once it warms up, the code seems to go away. It is not the service reminder as I just serviced it and I cleared/reset that clock.

  8. #8Simon C2023-01-04 21:16

    They were going to change a computer on a Detroit DD15 Engine about 1 month ago for no start. Told the younger guy to make sure there was clean power to the positve connection of the computer. He opened the fuse panel to find the proper fuse by schematic that feeds the computer and it was loose. Put in fuse and it started right up. $5000.00 worth of computer would of fixed nothing. Extra day troubleshooting is sometimes better than lots of parts. Young guy was happy that he had double checked and not looked like a fool. Simon C