Does anyone have a photo of what the fuel tank is supposed to look like in a bobcat T770. I just bought a T770 and the fuel tank is crushed with water sitting on top. Bobcat shop says the engine will need to be removed to replace the tank. A 17hr job.
Sounds about right. U
Welcome to the HEF! What do you think happened to the tank?
Those plastic fuel tanks will deform somewhat over time. Pics of tank would help.
Thanks. I have no idea. Original owner (general contractor) must have packed it with mud and crushed the tank. Also notice the “DEF” light keeps showing full. Had a bobcat tech come out and look at it $$$. I’m going to have them replace the tank and a wire harness. Mainly because I don’t know what the previous owner did. I want to make sure the fuel doesn’t get contaminated since these tier 4 def engines have sensitive fuel systems. If they are damaged they could easily and cost up to 20K to fix.
I’ll climb into mine tomorrow and try to get a photo of the smash.
Best I can do. It’s way in the back under the cab. I would like to meet Mr Cordova (operator name on computer) to find out what swamp he got this thing stuck in. First photo is where it’s dented in collecting water. Second photo is of the bent pickup. Next to it is a broken wire that goes to the sending unit.
the most common reason i see for "sucked in" fuel tanks is a plugged up fuel filler cap, or an incorrect cap installed. debris gets in the engine compartment and packs up between the oil pan and tank, and the process repeats itself over a period of time id fix it now before you rub a hole in the oil pan and cost yourself an engine. as far as the DEF showing full all the time, verify if the tank is actually full, if not the sensor in the tank is probably bad. get the sensor replaced as well. you dont want to run out of DEF, when that happens the DCU will set a "tampering" code and put the engine in limp mode. theres no way for the consumer to clear that code. has to be connected to doosan DCU software
Great advice. Thank you. This reassures that I’m doing the right thing by getting a new fuel tank.
That’s an ugly job. Good time to take care of any other maintenance needs you may run across. Good opportunity to perform a deep cleaning, too. Nothing money can’t fix. Piles and piles of money.
I’ll keep buying tall boys and scratchers at the 7-11 in hopes of piles and piles of money.