Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T770 with Forestry Cutter/Using V Plow

Mulcher770 · 2021-02-17 21:09

I just purchased a used bobcat T770 outfitted with a new forestry door kit and cutter. The dealer said that I would have to change the forestry door to the regular cabin door every time I wanted to use a bobcat v plow. Have any of you heard of this issue? I haven't tried it yet. I just don't understand what difference it makes if I just leave the forestry door on the machine for a quick snow plow job.

Replies2
  1. #1seville0092021-02-18 17:09

    can’t answer your question, but why not just ask the dealer why he says that it is necessary to do. Maybe the forestry door guards will fill up with snow? Basically, if everything works properly and there are no clearance issues, it’s your equipment and you can do whatever you want with it.

  2. #2Evening Digger2021-02-18 20:47

    I have a T770 with forestry door and standard door. I like installing the glass door for any dirt work. The Lexan door has a lot of distortion making it harder to grade. It's not worth the trouble for just a little dirt work though.