Hi All, Newbie here. I bought this machine new in Dec 2020, due to numerous issues had the warranty extended until Dec '23. For the second time in the 3 yr ownership period we have an emission issue with the above code putting the machine in idle only limp mode. The machine has only been dealer serviced for all manintenance since purchase and has approx 750 hrs. Went to start and run the machine and received the error code which progressed to the idle only limp mode. Had the dealer come out, they said it was my fault when starting the machine because a low battery voltage caused the emission control system to fault out. Trying to invoice me $700+ dollars for a reflash of the system. Took them about 20 minutes, but the drive to reach our location was long. My question is has anyone else experienced this issue with the polution control systems? Is this a justifiable charge? thank you in advance.
I find it hard to believe that simply starting the machine with a low battery would cause the machine to have to be reflashed. Pretty crappy engineering if that is the case. As far as cost, I imagine if they are charging their shop rate from the time they leave till they get back and say $300 just to do the reflash you could get to $700.
Have not experienced this with Bobcat. I have scene after treatment error codes in Volvo equipment with bad battery or low voltage situations, but never had to reflash software. Usually just had to run through a service regeneration to restore
I agree with the crappy engineering part. The machine wouldn't start a regen by itself and there was no way to force a start.
Sounds like you have had a tough go with that machine from the start.