Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat tool cat 5600 crank but no start

rugby edwards · 2025-01-31 13:50

Bobcat tool was operating fine and then died. Now just cranks but doesn’t start.

Replies5
  1. #1Simon C2025-01-31 14:22

    Have worked on one many times, pulled cab and changed all the hoses under the engine and hydraulic pump. How many hours on your unit. What year is unit? You need to check the fuel solenoid, which is just above the starter if I recall. Any questions fire away. Simon C

  2. #2rugby edwards2025-01-31 19:01

    I fixed it. It was a fuel line with a pin hole. Was able to cut the line and luckily it had enough slack it clamped back on. Thanks for the reply

  3. #3Simon C2025-01-31 20:00

    Found about 10 pictures of when I picked off the cab on one like yours. Worst machine I have ever worked on in my life. After 2500 hours you can expect some fun. Not even access to get to alternator or belt. Could tell you lots of stories. Simon C

  4. #4materthegreater2025-02-01 13:24

    How do you like the alternator and AC belt tension system?

  5. #5Simon C2025-02-01 14:46

    I have skinny arms and small hands, and have all the snap on crow foots, sockets, wrenches. Very tight to do anything on these units. By 3000 hours most of the hoses are done. Good machine to own till 2000 hrs then send to auction. Just my opinion. Horrible to fix all the hoses that require cab off. Big job to get cab off and back on Many of the hoses that we found were almost worn through. Simon C