Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat white paint 6902235 alternative?

sierradmax ยท 2009-12-15 12:25

I should be repainting the machine shortly. I can repaint with bobcat enamel paint or does anyone have an alternative spray that will be better and stronger?

Replies3
  1. #1Ralph2009-12-15 17:57

    I had good luck with the quart cans of gloss white and satin black Rustoleum enamel Walmart carries for $8.44. Thin it 50%. I did get the orange from Bobcat. It was pre-thinned and was a dream to work with. Good stuff and getting the tail and wheels the right color it makes it looks OEM. I don't think the white or black (charcoal) matters as much. Bobcat had a great decal kit that has everything needed for a 753 (It also included the steps so strip off the old stuff). After you put those on it really looks like a new machine. The don't give them away, but it made a big difference in the end result. Nice thing about a common paint is that you can always touch it up with easy to get and cheap paint. I plan on using Rustoleum to freshen up my Toyota SDK8 over the winter.

  2. #2Willis Bushogin2009-12-15 20:29

    paint I use Rustolem paint on by dump trucks, bodies and frame. It holds up good, not great but good. If I have a need for better paint, I get the two part paint, from my local auto parts store (Napa) I have used Eason pait from another shop, it comes in a kit form, but in a gallon, around $230 for the kit. I know you dont need this much, but Napa can mix you any amount. Decals, My local sign guy makes all my decals. He has a program and he can down load almost all make and models and print them out to size. He has took pictures of my decals before I remove them, they turn out great and makes the machine look new. There was someone on eBay doing the same thing, but a local firm usual gives better service A lot of paint shops can match your color, if you have a sample. I needed a color for my Cat machine and couldnt find a good color, so I went to Cat and bought a qt of cheap Cat paint. I took it to the paint shop and they copied the color in a two part paint. I used the cheap paint, to paint things like engines, anything yellow. Good Luck

  3. #3sierradmax2009-12-16 13:30

    I was told to check out tractor supply's paints by Valspar. It's an enamel with a seperate hardener. However, it must be thinned to spray. We'll see how it goes.