Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat X325 control noise

dstankus ยท 2020-07-08 13:37

I have an older Bobcat X325 (1995) which seems to function properly. I have noticed that the right joystick which controls the bucket and stick makes a buzzing - vibrating like sound when activated initially. If you hold the stick in position the noise slowly goes away. You can feel vibration in the stick while this happens. The left stick works without this issue. I am wondering if air may be making its way into the system somehow. maybe a leak on the suction side of the pump? I dont see any significant fluid leaks. It does still work but is mostly just annoying. Any advice or suggestions of the root cause? Serial number is 511820415 just in case

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2020-07-19 04:42

    Good day ds I suggest you lift the rubber boot and check that there is clearance between the control and plunger when the control is in the default position, if you are not sure compare with the control that is working good. come back if this proves to be another issue. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2dstankus2020-07-20 19:44

    Thanks for the clue. I will check it out and post my findings.