Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat X331 – Boom Down Too Fast

ccrbldr ยท 2016-07-28 15:03

I have an X331 (1997) purchased used and have fixed quite a few issues already (successfully, in part, to the great info on this forum). I have one more issue before it will be almost in great working order. When I use the right joystick I get nice proportional action except for boom down. Boom up is nice, but down takes a lot of forward joystick and then comes down quite suddenly. I can immediately boom up nicely, but down is the same; lots of forward joystick and then a sudden motion. I'm hoping I can get a few clues on here as to where to begin/how to troubleshoot. All other joystick and travel operations seem to work fine. Thanks in advance!

Replies4
  1. #1willie592016-07-28 21:15

    Does your machine have a control pattern change valve?

  2. #2lantraxco2016-07-29 01:25

    Should have a Standard/ISO selector above the swing lock, under the right joystick in the side panel. If it's there it might be a good thing to swap back and forth, see if the issue is in the valve spool or the joystick capsule?

  3. #3ccrbldr2016-07-29 12:30

    According to the manual, you have to swap hoses on the control valves to change from ISO to Standard (looks like it's in ISO now). I'll give that a shot and see if using the opposite joystick changes anything. Thanks for the tip!

  4. #4lantraxco2016-07-29 14:05

    Must be earlier than the one I was looking at, go figure...